Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We are back home after a nice 5-day getaway. I am so exhausted I think I need some time away so I can get some real R&R. I don't think we stopped from Friday until today. I don't want to bore anyone with all the details so I thought it would be easier if I just captioned under some pictures. Besides, it's late and I am so ready for bed and I don't want to leave this for tomorrow.

Every year we start the 4th of July with a good old fashion Independence Day Parade. Here we are waiting for the fire trucks, antique cars, pets on parade, marching bands & the multitude of boy & girl scout troops (seriously, how many troops can one city have?)




I have no idea why a Storm Trooper is at a 4th of July Parade, but he was a huge hit with the kids.



The evening of the fourth we made our way to the Hollywood Bowl for an evening of music and fireworks. The whole Vasquez family was together to celebrate Sylvia's 40th B-day. I love the idea of exposing my kids to different things. The symphony plus fireworks was a perfect mix for them.



Yes, my girls will still match if I ask them to. I usually match colors, not outfits.
However, I think this might be the last year.
The kids where so excited to be up close and in box seats.





Lauren enjoying her 1st Birthday cake.


On the 5th we packed-up and headed to the Hyatt in Huntington Beach for a small Vasquez Family vacation. All 19 of us met at mass then had another birthday celebration at Duke's on the pier. For those of you who don't know, the Vasquez' celebrate birthdays for at least 3 days. Thank goodness for the private room. We where joined by the Armstrong Family and all together we had 9 kids.




Michael Vinny enjoying his 3rd birthday cake.




We spent the 6th at the beach with the kids.
I love the way Michael V. enjoys the sand. He really gets into it.


Lauren, Brianna & Samantha playing in the waves.
What would we do without "Super-sitter" Brianna? I love that smiley girl.


Emma, future SI swimsuit model.
Ya right, over her Daddy's dead body.


One last picture before we headed home. I really need to retire near the beach. I love it there. But for now I'm off to fold my 6th load of laundry. I love my blessed life!!!


XOXO,
Gaby

2 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

I need to join your family had have 3 day celebrations for bdays!! Mine's coming up...can I come celebrate with you:)

Garb Fam said...

How fun!!!! I want to come next time!!!
Love you!