Friday, August 15, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Yes, the countdown is on! Only 10 days till the kids go back to school. All the supplies are bought and labeled and organized. I can honestly say that they are ready to start back. They miss their friends and they are so excited to be one grade older.
This will be my first time in 12 years not having a baby home with me. Well not Tuesdays and Thursdays anyway. Seriously, who ever invented preschool must not have been a mommy. I don't know about all the other moms out there, but 3 hours, twice a week just doesn't cut it. I can't make it to the mall and back in that time.
So, last night we where sitting around the dinner table and I mentioned that Brianna will be able to attend the school dances this year. Big Mistake. Mike about came out of his skin. He feels she is still too young and that she doesn't need to be exposed to boys and girls slow dancing. (I am really trying not to laugh.) At our school the 7th and 8th graders are considered jr. high, so he doesn't get why 6th graders would be included in the dances. I think what put him over the edge was the fact that parents are not allowed to chaperon. He asked me to PLEASE not argue with him, and starting next year she could go. Is this really something I need to battle or should I just let it go? Advice anyone???
XOXO,
Gaby

5 comments:

caxline said...

I agree with hubby 100% - she's too young!

Garb Fam said...

Yep one more year wont hurt. Dances should start at Jr. high and I know everyone is lumping 6th grade in there now, but really do they have to be pushed to grow up so fast???

Isn't Brianna still like 2??????

Love ya!
s

P.S. Remind me what I said here when Lexi & Amelia are 12 ;0)

Anonymous said...

I agree with daddy. I didn't even like my boys to go at that age much less girls. The only way would be during the day AND NO SLOW MUSIC. Tia Pinche

Bill and Paige said...

I agree with daddy! Too young! Why can't parents go?

kkp1220 said...

enjoy your quiet time...

sure wait one more year. what's the hurry??

maybe her dad and her can do special things those days;-)

kelsey