Monday, March 16, 2009

Luke's Room

This is my favorite room in the house. Probably because I can keep the big, messy kids out of it. When Emma was born I had a local artist come in a paint a mural on her wall. I told her I wanted something that was soft and dreamlike. She came up with this wonderful scene in just two days.
Well, fast forward 4 years and we now have Luke's room. Every one of my babies has had their own nursery with their own theme. I bought all new bedding but I just couldn't bring myself to paint over the mural. So, instead I had the artist come back and make it more boy-ish. She took out the butterflies and added dragonflies, lizards and toads.

















I can't wait for him to start enjoying his room!
XOXO,
Gaby





5 comments:

Kris said...

Gaby his room is enchanting! Is the artist Beth? If so, she did some work at my house, and then did my granddaughter Hannah's room, and it too is lovely. I love his bedding too! So cute. My favorite addition to the painting is the bucket and fishing pole!!!

Garb Fam said...

LOVE it!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!

CrazyRossHouse said...

Isn't that Emma's bedding? Uh Oh, when will Luke start counseling? I want to be a Vasquez. I need some new bedding and a room that no one is allowed in!

kkp1220 said...

very nice. I guess I can't say cute;-)
Poor ethan is in an old crib with a sheet that is thrown in our spare bedroom:-(