Friday, March 6, 2009

One Week Old

I can't believe it has been one week since little Luke has joined our family.
One week ago today I walked into the hospital at 5am for the induction of my FIFTH baby. Who new it was going to be the longest labor of them all. Don't get me wrong, Pitocin + Epidural = No Pain. However, 12 hours pinned to a hospital bed will make anybody go crazy. All those people who kept teasing that he was just going to "walk out". WRONG! I slept, read, text and waited. I think I was dilated to 3cm for 6 hours!!! Seriously, I was beginning to think that the nurse was going to unhook me and send me home. Once I reached 5cm, and the doc broke my water I progressed really quick. Finally, at 5pm I was given the green light. And at 5:14 pm Luke made his grand entrance.
Luke has been a really mellow baby. After 2 screaming girls (whom I adore) I can't believe I've been blessed with a "super sleeper". I keep reminding myself not to get to comfortable, because colic usually doesn't set in until the 3rd week.
Michael has been amazing. He's has taken over the entire house and all the work that goes with raising 4 very active kids. It has given me the opportunity to just bond with the baby. Many people ask me how I do it with 4 (now 5) kids and honestly, I couldn't do it without him. The kids have all done their part to help Dad, and anyone who knows them knows that they are awesome little helpers. They adore their new little brother and at least one is always at his side.

I always tease that God has more faith in me then I have in myself. But when I look into each one of their little faces, I realize how blessed I truly am.
XOXO,
Gaby

6 comments:

CrazyRossHouse said...

He is perfect. It must be the winter babies with all this sleeping. It's kind of nice. Makes me think I can go for #4:) Can't wait til our 2 betrothed chidlren meet.

Kris said...

Hi Gaby,
I got your message on my blog, however I am out of town for a few days helping my Mom. She had some surgery. I will call you soon.
Looks like little Luke is doing great!
XOXO
Kris

Bill and Paige said...

First of all...Courtney you CANNOT have #4!!!

Gaby
He is so cute! God has really blessed your family. Hayley is a good sleeper too, but I might have to stop reading your blog because I do not want her to have colic! I didn't know it could happen at 3 wks!

Also,
I'm sure glad you didn't post this before I had Hayley...12 hrs of labor...really? Mine was easy! I think I was in actual labor for 3 hrs with only a 1/2 hr of pushing:)

Garb Fam said...

Well hurry up and bond girl I see you with 6 kids ;0)~ Even numbers, right? He is soooo SWEET!!! I look at him and I try to think who of his siblings does he remind me of as a baby??? And he is all his own. What a little man!!! Kiss him for me!!!!! And all my little Vasquez babies!!! Love you!!!

NWB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NWB said...

Gaby + Family,
Kelley just told me about your new little one (and Courtney's 3rd) so, as I said to the Ross Family, my congratulations are super late. Sorry!

Your kids are so big now... I can't believe it. I still remember Crazy "Uncle" Jimmy chasing Brianna and Michael Vinny around at Kayla's b-day parties. :)

It's been a long time and I hope to see you all soon. Keep staying that perfect Mom!

Love,
Nikki + Frank